March 3-4th, 2011
The Takeda Hall,The University of Tokyo, Japan
Hideki KAMBARA and Kazuhiko ISHIHARA
Hitachi Co. Ltd., Strategic International Cooperative Program of Japan Science and Technology
Advanced Biodevice Engneering Lab. Department of Bioengineering, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo AND Society for Single-Cell Surveyor
The single cell is the building block of all life. It is the basic unit from which complex creatures such as human beings are built. As the foundations of all living things, an understanding of the cell is crucial. Indeed, the study of single cells and the biomolecular reactions that occur within them, as well as inter-cell communication, are critical for the understanding of all living systems. Consequently, the continuing development of new tools and methods to probe the
cell and to observe and explore biomolecular systems within the cell is vital. This challenge will require expertise and collaborations between many scientific disciplines and countries in both academia and industry.
In order to tackle this challenge, an international network has devised a series of workshops concerned with single-cell analysis.
The 4th International Workshop on Approaches to Single-Cell Analysis at Beijing, China, held on 17-18, 2009.
The 3rd International Workshop on Approaches to Single-Cell Analysis at Zurich, Switzerland, held on 11-12 September, 2008.
The 2nd International Workshop on Approaches to Single-Cell Analysis at Tokyo, Japan, held on 6-7 September, 2007.
The 1st International Workshop on Approaches to Single-Cell Analysis at Uppsala, Sweden, held on 21-22 June, 2006.
- ASASHIMA, Makoto (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology)
- BOXER, Steven (Stanford University, USA)
- HAMACHI, Itaru (Kyoto University, Japan)
- HAYASHIZAKI, Yoshihide (Riken, Japan)
- ICHIKI, Takanori (The University of Tokyo, Japan)
- ISHIHARA, Kazuhiko (The University of Tokyo, Japan)
- KITAMORI, Takehiko (The University of Tokyo, Japan)
- LANDEGREN, Ulf (Uppsala University, Sweden)
- LINNARSSON, Sten (Karolinska Institute, Sweden)
- MASUJIMA, Tsutomu (Hiroshima University, Japan)
- MATSUBARA, Kenichi (DNA Chip Institute, Japan)
- OCHIYA, Takahiro (National Cancer Research Institute, Japan)
- ONFELT, Bjorn (Karolinska Institute, Sweden)
- OZAWA, Takeaki (The University of Tokyo, Japan)
- OZINSKY, Adrian (Institute for Systems Biology, USA)
- ROBSON, Paul (Genome Institute of Singapore, Singapore)
- SAITOU, Mitinori (Kyoto University, Japan)
- SETOU, Mitsutoshi (Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan)
- SHIRAI, Masataka (Hitachi Ltd., Japan)
- TAMIYA, Eiichi (Osaka University, Japan)
- TEXTOR, Marcus (ETH Zurich, Swiss)
- UEDA, Hiroki (Riken, Japan)
- UEDA, Mitsuyoshi (Kyoto University, Japan)
The evening chat will be held on March 3rd (18:00～) at the Takeda Hall.
Call for Poster Presentation
Abstract submission deadline is Feb 10th, 2011.
In the poster session, we will select a "Young Scientists Poster Award" for excellent researchers.
Abstract Submission for Poster Presentation
1. Before submission of an abstract, please complete the registration (click here)
2. Please prepare your abstract to use the template (click here).
3. Please submit the abstract to [email@example.com].
- The official language of this workshop is English.
- The abstract should be written in one page including diagrams, graphics and photographs.
- Manuscript will be printed in black-and white.
- Poster Board size is A0 (841mm×1189mm).
-The Poster Titles List (click here)
Access (for Japanese)
Address: Yayoi 2-11-16, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 113-8656, Japan