The Society's Aim
As a continuity to the「Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Priority Areas：The Development of Tools and Methods for Analyzing Single Cell based on the Accurate Quantitative and Digital Analysis of Bio-molecules: Lifesurveyor」single cell research project commenced between 2005 - 2009, this society was established on the 15th of September 2010. The aim of this society is to overcome the borders between industry, government and academia, promoting a mutual ground for interdisciplinary collaborations and discussions.
- The management of programs or activities and the organization of conferences/symposiums related to research based on single cell analysis.
- To establish a link with other societies/conferences and to acquire recent updates or new information on research based on single cell analysis.
- To conduct activities that abide to the aims of this society.
Group (Corporate) Membership：¥20,000
If you are interested in joining the society, please refer below
- Membership Registration Forms (Individual Membership/Group/Corporate Membership). Please return the forms to the administrative office once completed. (We apologize for the inconvenience but the membership forms are currently in Japanese only. English versions are currently being prepared. Please return shortly.)
- For further inquiry, please contact the Administrative Office.
The Society for Single-Cell Surveyor Constitutions and Bylaws
This society is officially called "The Society for Single-Cell Surveyor"
The society's administrative office is located at the Waseda University Center for Advanced Biomedical Sciences (TWIns), Department of Life Science and Biomedical Sciences, 2-2, Wakamatsu-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
(The Objectives of the Society)
This society aims to promote the development of technologies and research in single cell analysis for the advancement and contribution to the field of Life Science as well as to society. The society also supports and encourages mutual interdisciplinary collaborations between its members.
In order to achieve the objectives as stated in the article above, the society will conduct the following activities.
1. The management of programs or activities and the organization of conferences/symposiums related to research based on single cell analysis
2. To establish a link with other societies/conferences and to acquire recent updates or new information on research based on single cell analysis.
3. To conduct activities that abide to the aims of this society.
The membership of the society is structured as follows：
1. Individual members whom have agreed to the objectives of the society.
2. Student members whom have agreed to the objectives of the society.
The society has assigned the following committee members.
1. President：Professor Hideki KAMBARA (Hitachi, Ltd. (Fellow)).
2. Administration/Finances：Professor Haruko TAKEYAMA (Waseda University)
3. Others：Members selected by the President.
4. Advisory Committee：Members recommended by the Executive committee and approved by the President.
The society holds 2 meetings, 1) General meeting and 2) Executive board meeting.
The general meeting will be held annually in which participation is open to individual and student members.
The executive board meeting will be held when the president sees fit.
(Amendments in the constitution and bylaws)
The constitution and bylaws as stated here can only be amended upon approval of more than half of the individual members during the annual general meetings.
The constitution and bylaws as stated here is commenced as of the 15th of September 2010.
Any budget or activities conducted by the society has been approved by the general assembly.
15th September 2010